Below is the timeline from the Spring 2019 application process.
|January 3, 2019||Application deadline*|
|January 4-9, 2019||Finalists notified|
|January 7-11, 2019||Interviews|
|January 22, 2019||Final selection notifications|
|January 25-26, 2019||Orientation|
|February 2, 2019||First class|
About the Program
Certificate training schedule
- 16-week program offered every fall and spring
- Two week nights, 5-9pm (dinner will be provided, as well as MetroCards)
- 5 full-day sessions (includes three Saturdays)
- 100+ hours of instruction
- Field research/field placement
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a valid NYS photo ID.
- Have, at minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Targeted to people with lived experience in the criminal justice system who are currently working in entry-level human services positions (e.g., Peer Mentor, Community Navigator, Credible Messenger, Violence Interrupter, Outreach Specialist, Reentry Specialist) or seek employment in human services.
- Demonstrated stability in the community and ability to commit to full attendance and participation.
- Basic technology skills are required. PRI also offers Tech 101, a basic technology skills class.
- Online application and in-person interview required.
This application, which consists of the questions on this form (including 2 brief essays), applicant resume, and a letter of recommendation, will be available in June 2019.