Scroll down for the Fall 2019 application.
|Wed., July 31, 2019||Application deadline|
|Tues., August 6, 2019||Finalists notified|
|August 6-12, 2019||Interviews|
|Fri., August 16, 2019||Student selection notifications|
|Mon., August 26, 2019||Full-day course kick-off (9am-5pm)|
|Tues., August 27, 2019||First evening class (5pm-9pm)|
*Please note that dates may change.
About the Program
Certificate training schedule
- 16-week program offered every fall and spring
- Two week nights, 5-9pm (dinner will be provided, as well as MetroCards)
- 5 full-day sessions (includes three Saturdays)
- 100+ hours of instruction
- Field research/field placement
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a valid NYS photo ID.
- Have, at minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Targeted to people with lived experience in the criminal justice system who are currently working in entry-level human services positions (e.g., Peer Mentor, Community Navigator, Credible Messenger, Violence Interrupter, Outreach Specialist, Reentry Specialist) or seek employment in human services.
- Demonstrated stability in the community and ability to commit to full attendance and participation.
- Basic technology skills are required. PRI also offers Tech 101, a basic technology skills class.
- Online application and in-person interview required.
To apply for the fall 2019 class of the Navigator Certificate, please complete the questions below, including a resume and two brief essay questions.