Sample application timeline*
|Wed., July 31, 2019||Application deadline|
|Tues., August 6, 2019||Finalists notified|
|August 6-12, 2019||Interviews|
|Fri., August 16, 2019||Student selection notifications|
|Mon., August 26, 2019||Full-day course kick-off (9am-5pm)|
|Tues., August 27, 2019||First evening class (5pm-9pm)|
*Please note that dates may change.
About the Program
Certificate training schedule
- 16-week program offered every fall and spring
- Two week nights, 5-9pm (dinner will be provided, as well as MetroCards)
- 5 full-day sessions (includes three Saturdays)
- 100+ hours of instruction
- Field research/field placement
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a valid NYS photo ID.
- Have, at minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Targeted to people with lived experience in the criminal justice system who are currently working in entry-level human services positions (e.g., Peer Mentor, Community Navigator, Credible Messenger, Violence Interrupter, Outreach Specialist, Reentry Specialist) or seek employment in human services.
- Demonstrated stability in the community and ability to commit to full attendance and participation.
- Basic technology skills are required. PRI also offers Tech 101, a basic technology skills class.
- Online application and in-person interview required.
Please note that the application deadline for the fall 2019 class of the Navigator Certificate has passed. If you are interested in learning more and potentially enrolling in a future Navigator Certificate class, please complete the fields below.