|January 3, 2019||Application deadline*|
|January 4-9, 2019||Finalists notified|
|January 7-11, 2019||Interviews|
|January 22, 2019||Final selection notifications|
|January 25-26, 2019||Orientation|
|February 2, 2019||First class|
*Please note that the application for the February 2019 class has passed. If you are interested in learning more about the program, please complete the form below.
About the Program
Certificate training schedule
- 16-week program begins February 2, 2019
- Two week nights, 5-9pm (dinner will be provided, as well as MetroCards)
- 5 full-day sessions (includes three Saturdays)
- 100+ hours of instruction
- Field research/field placement
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a valid NYS photo ID.
- Have, at minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Targeted to people with lived experience in the criminal justice system who are currently working in entry-level human services positions (e.g., Peer Mentor, Community Navigator, Credible Messenger, Violence Interrupter, Outreach Specialist, Reentry Specialist) or seek employment in human services.
- Demonstrated stability in the community and ability to commit to full attendance and participation.
- Basic technology skills are required. Navigator students who need an introduction to technology will have the opportunity to enroll in Tech 101 at PRI.
- Online application and in-person interview required.
This application consists of the questions on this form (including 2 brief essays), applicant resume, and a letter of recommendation.
The application process for the February 2019 class is now closed.