|Application deadline:||December 6, 2019|
|Candidates selected for an interview will be notified on or before:||December 9, 2019|
|Interviews:||December 2-16, 2019|
|Student selection notifications:||January 3, 2020|
|Full-day course kick-off (9am-5pm):||January 27, 2020|
|First evening class (5pm-9pm):||January 28, 2020|
*Please note that dates may change.
About the Program
Certificate training schedule
- 16-week program offered every fall and spring
- Two week nights, 5-9pm (dinner will be provided, as well as MetroCards)
- 5 full-day sessions (includes three Saturdays)
- 100+ hours of instruction
- Field research/field placement
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a valid NYS photo ID.
- Have, at minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Targeted to people with lived experience in the criminal justice system who are currently working in entry-level human services positions (e.g., Peer Mentor, Community Navigator, Credible Messenger, Violence Interrupter, Outreach Specialist, Reentry Specialist) or seek employment in human services.
- Demonstrated stability in the community and ability to commit to full attendance and participation.
- Basic technology skills are required. PRI also offers Tech 101, a basic technology skills class.
- Online application and in-person interview required.
Complete the fields below to apply for PRI’s Spring 2020 Navigator Certificate class. The deadline for submission is Monday, December 9th, 2019 by 11:59pm.